Saturday, March 27, 2010

Olympics Part 2


So for this blog, I chose to post one of my favorite moments of my olympic experience. I have a longtime fascination with cops, and am literally in awe of them every time I see them. So my cousin decides she's just going to ask them to take a picture with me. They of course oblige with great big smiles.
The point I'm trying to make is: due to the Olympics it seemed that everyone was in a better mood, even the cops. I would see them talking to people on the streets, smiling and helping others out. The olympics helped create repetoire between all types of different people. It was a coming together of people who just wanted to have a good time and it didn't matter where you were from or what team you cheered for. The Olympics were golden for that and that I feel is the legacy they will leave our city. I can say 20 or 30 years from now, I'll always be able to look back and remember those great two weeks in 2010. Peter in class brought up his fear of "what if nobody shows up?" well Peter they showed up all right and it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment