Saturday, March 27, 2010

Olympics Part 1

So I realise I'm a bit late with this contribution on the topic of the olympics, however what must be done, must be done. For this blog I'm going to discuss my view of the Olympics and the way they changed my life.. quite literally. I had some family friends from Montreal stay with us for the duration of the games as they were selling merchandise for the Olympics. This changed the whole perspective of the household as they changed the type of experience I would have in relation to the games. All of a sudden I was downtown all the time, meeting up with them and feeling like a tour guide all in one. They weren't the greatest houseguests either, and let's just say after almost 3 weeks I was ready for them to leave.

Aside from being inconvenienced with my guests, the rest of the olympic break was pretty great. Trying to see the different sites was painful because of the lineups but we did it anyway as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I found most of the houses quite boring as we went during the day. I'm sure they turned into quite the party at night. Overall the best part was the random walks through the city downtown and at night. It helped me strengthen my connection with the city of Vancouver and I would love to experience that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment